- No products in the cart.
Selling B2B on eCommerce
Forrester estimates that the B2B eCommerce sector is set to top $1.1 trillion and will account for 12.1% of all B2B sales in the USA by 2020. In light of various macroeconomic factors, including political dynamics in the USA and changes in international trade e.g. border taxes, it is important to review sales and marketing methodology to provide a flexible, lower overhead cost structure that can react to prevent a disruption to sales, customer service and, most of all, your business revenue at any given time.
Many businesses have opted to sell on market places like Amazon and eBay which is not a bad decision. However, our specific message to business owners here is to look at how to create a more controlled, branded, sustainable B2B eCommerce strategy. Managing branding on eBay and Amazon is not easy; there are considerable risks involved managing the communication and bad reviews in tandem with the possibility of being shut down overnight.
At the end of the day, B2B eCommerce platforms require:
- Highquality customer experiences across all channels, resulting in a high level of loyalty to the vendor.
- Dynamic platforms where the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is low, with more cloud based solutions and apps. The focus here is being responsive to changing buyer behavior.
- The ability to integrate logistics, creating efficiency in shipping, order processing, inventory management (JIT) and better production forecasting.
- A very focused, custom built platform that provides an integrated management system including customer service, logistics and post sales service with a robust payment platform.
Sectors we work with include:
- Industrial Technology Manufacturers and Distributors
- Elevator Manufacturers and Independents
- Agricultural Producers and Growers
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers / Distributors
- Home Goods and Specialty Products
- Professional Services Sector
Magento vs WooCommerce
Regardless of the platform or content management system, we are certified Magento developers and also have a wealth of experience with WooCommerce,a WordPress platform. If you are considering an eCommerce content management platform, it is important to review your existing order processing systems to see if it is feasible to streamline and adapt the eCommerce component without re-inventing internal systems and procedures. Typical areas of review by our experts include:
- The number of SKUs, major product categories and variants to each product group e.g. size, color, shape.
- Location of inventory by SKUs. If there are multiple warehouses, consolidating and updating information in the shopping cart with respect to available inventory is key. For example, inventory tracking for warehouses in California, New York and possibly Spain or Vietnam should all be combined if possible. This centralization will ease production planning, sales forecasting and, ultimately, make management more visible, integrated and efficient.
- Tying in a customer relationship management (CRM) tool will also enhance the customer experience, encourage repeat purchases, improve the understanding of buyer patterns, urgent vs standard orders, volume purchases, potential loyalty incentives and post sales communication updates.
We are focused on providing sound strategies, implementation and ongoing support to enable B2B companies to become eCommerce savvy with branded website solutions, mobile apps and ongoing internet marketing. Book your service of choice HERE